Are building contents automatically insured on the University's Property Policy?

Yes, there is limited coverage for contents on this policy, $250,000 per building. These contents must be University owned and the policy excludes losses due to theft. Departments can insure equipment and contents for a higher limit and include losses due to theft by purchasing additional contents insurance (Open Marine Policy). This insurance can be obtained by contacting the Insurance Department.