What if a loss or damage occurs to a Harvard building?

Emergency repairs and other reasonable steps should be taken to protect the property from further damage. As soon as possible notify the Insurance Department of the details of the loss, by telephone (617-495-8668) and also submit a Property Loss Report Form. Further repairs should not be started until the scope of work and estimated costs for repairs have been agreed upon between the department and the Insurance Department.